How to sanitize your Panasonic product.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we would strongly advise against sharing cameras and lenses. While the CDC suggests using alcohol-based wipes to clean electronics, we would recommend avoiding applying chemicals to your camera equipment as they could damage the finish.
The CDC advises that COVID-19 can live on hard surfaces like glass for up to 5 days, so if you absolutely must pass equipment from one person to another, clean as you normally would, place your equipment in a secure location, then wait the allotted time before transporting the equipment.
Before and during transport, follow all standard safety procedures including handwashing, using a mask and gloves, and maintaining a safe social distance from others. In response to the global pandemic, Panasonic is carefully testing sanitizing solutions and will provide information as soon as a safe option is confirmed.
Other Panasonic Products
The CDC recommends using alcohol-based wipes containing at least 70% alcohol and drying the surface thoroughly.
- Unplug all external power sources and cables.
- Gently and carefully wipe the hard, nonporous surface of the item and ensure moisture does not get into any openings.
- It is important to follow the contact time found on the
- It may be necessary to use more than one wipe to keep the surface wet for the recommended contact time.
- Do not use aerosol sprays, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
- Avoid excessive wiping and submerging in cleanser to avoid damage.
- Never spray cleaner directly on an item.