Troubleshooting - No dial tone.
This telephone answering machine is compatible to a standard home phone line.
Other Phone line types.
- Business phone systems. If you are using this model on a digital phone line (office, business line) it may not work. This is a consumer home use telephone that is not compatible to business telephone systems. Test the telephone on a standard home phone line.
- VOIP This is a device connected to a computer that allows you to plug a phone in to it and use the internet as the connection. VOIP systems are designed to simulate a home telephone line, however if the VOIP unit does not meet the specifications of a home line, the telephone may not operate properly. Contact the provider of the VOIP service for any updating or VOIP Service support.
Once you have confirmed that you are connected to a Standard home phone line check the following in the order listed.
- If the Panasonic telephone has a speakerphone on the base unit press the Speakerphone button (make sure the volume is turned up). can you hear a dial tone through the speakerphone?
If Yes then the problem is with the handset. Make sure the volume is turned up and the handset is registered to the base unit. Reregister the handset. If there is no dial tone heard through the Base unit, continue with step 2.
- The Base units supplied AC adaptor or telephone line cord has not been connected yet or not connected properly. Check the connections by making sure both are secure. When you plug the telephone line cord at the back of the phone make sure you hear it click.
- If no dial tone is detected, plug the telephone into a different telephone line jack inside your house. This is a test to see if it is a problem with the telephone or a problem with the telephone jack. If the telephone operates on a different jack then the problem is with the original telephone jack.
- If there is no dial tone with either telephone jack you need to determine if it is a problem with the telephone or the telephone line. If you have a different telephone, plug that telephone into the telephone line jack and see if you can hear a dial tone. If there is no dial tone you are having a telephone line problem, contact your telephone line service provider.
- If you do not have a different telephone to test, take the telephone to a neighbor or friends house and test, if the telephone operates on a different telephone line then the problem is with the telephone line.
- After testing if you determine it is a telephone line problem, contact your telephone line service provider.
- If you are using this model on a digital phone line (office, business line) it may not work. This is a consumer home use telephone that is not compatible to business telephone systems.
For models with Link to Cell.
- If you do not connect the telephone line cord and use only cellular lines, set the cellular line mode.
- Confirm that the Cell phone is paired. For assistance with pairing the cell phone Refer to "How to pair a cell phone".
- Make sure that the CELL indicator lights up.