Troubleshooting - There appears to be spots or debris on my lens/sensor. What can I do?
Pictures might look whitish when lens or image sensor gets dirty with fingerprints or similar.
- If the lens is dirty turn the camera off and then gently wipe the lens surface with a soft, dry cloth.
When the image sensor gets dirty
This camera features an interchangeable lens system so dirt may get inside the camera body when changing lenses. Depending on the recording conditions, dirt on the image sensor may appear on the recorded picture. To prevent debris or dust adhering to internal parts of the body, avoid changing the lens in a dusty environment and always fit the body cap or a lens when storing the camera. Remove any dirt on the body cap before attaching it.
When the lens is foggy
Condensation may occur when the camera is exposed to sudden changes of temperature or humidity. Avoid these conditions, which may make the lens or monitor dirty, cause mold, or damage the camera. If condensation does occur, turn off the camera and wait about two hours before using it. Once the camera adjusts to the surrounding temperature, the fogging will clear naturally. Contact Panasonic if the fog does not disappear.
Dust reduction function
DC-G9, DMC-GX85, DMC-G85, DMC-GH4, DC-GX850, DC-GH5, DC-GH5S, DC-GH5M2, DC-GX9, DMC-GF7, DC-S1, DC-S1H, DC-S1R
This unit has a dust reduction function that will blow off the debris and dust that have affixed to the front of the imaging device. This function will function automatically when the camera is turned on, but if you see dust, perform the [Sensor Cleaning] in the [Setup] menu.
Removing dirt on the image sensor.
The image sensor is very precise and delicate, so be sure to observe the following when you do have to clean it yourself.
- Blow off the dust on the surface of the image sensor with a commercially available blower brush. Be careful not to blow too strongly.
- Do not put the blower brush further inside than the lens mount.
- Do not let the blower brush touch the image sensor as the image sensor may get scratched.
- Do not use any objects except a blower brush to clean the image sensor.
- If you cannot remove the dirt or dust with the blower, contact an Authorized Panasonic Service center. For information on service select "Support Links" then "Service locator".