Troubleshooting - Problems with the self cleaning charger. - Shavers
Models with self cleaning are ES-LT7N, ES-LV9N, ES-LV9Q, ES-LV95, ES-LV97, ES-RT97
Select a troubleshooting question from the list below for possible cause and solutions. Or refer to your models Operating Manual for model specific information.
Cleaning liquid leaked from unit.
Possible cause and solutions
- Do not press the cleaning liquid unit removal button during the mode.
- Place the self-cleaning recharger horizontally.
- If you use the self-cleaning recharger when the shaver is wet or when soap or shaving gel is on the shaver, cleaning liquid may leak.
Cleaning liquid has foamed.
Possible cause and solutions
- If you mix soapy water or hand soap with the detergent or use another detergent, the cleaning liquid will foam. Use the self-cleaning recharger after thoroughly washing and drying the shaver.
- Replace the cleaning liquid.
Blades cracked during cleaning.
- Do not insert any foreign objects into the recharger.
- Replace the system outer foil and/or inner blades.
- Refer to How to replace Blades and Foils .
Blades are not dry.
The blades may not dry quickly due to temperature conditions.
Run the “Dry/Charge” mode again or wipe with a soft cloth before shaving.
Loud noise while cleaning.
- The self-cleaning recharger makes a loud sound due to the cleaning of the blades.
- This does not indicate a problem.
- The self-cleaning recharger makes a loud sound due to the removal of water droplets in order to speed drying.
- The sound after cleaning is different from the sound during cleaning. The water level has dropped and it is removing water droplets from the blades after cleaning. This does not indicate a problem.
Can not remove cleaning liquid.
- Place the self-cleaning recharger on a hard, flat surface.
- When the self-cleaning recharger is lifted, or on the soft surface such as carpets, the lock release lever will not fit in the recharger properly. In that case, the cleaning liquid unit cannot be removed.
- Press the cleaning liquid unit removal button.
- Remove the cleaning liquid unit on a hard, flat surface.
Cleaning liquid has accumulated in cleaning tray.
- Remove any waste, etc. that has accumulated in the drain at the bottom of the cleaning tray.
- If you use the self-cleaning recharger when the shaver is wet or when soap or shaving gel is on the shaver, cleaning liquid may accumulate in the cleaning tray.
Cleaning mode does not start.
- Check that the AC adaptor is connected to the self-cleaning recharger, and that the recharger is plugged in to a household outlet.
- Confirm that the shaver is properly attached to the self cleaning recharger.
- The Clean or Dry operation may not function under extreme low temperatures (approx. 0 °C (32 °F) or lower).
- Check if the STATUS lamp glows.
The STATUS lamp glows.
|It is time to replace the cleaning liquid.||Pour new water and detergent into the cleaning liquid unit.|
|The cleaning liquid unit is not properly attached.||Properly attach the cleaning liquid unit.|
|The self-cleaning recharger is tilted.||Place the self-cleaning recharger on a horizontal surface.|
|Use the self-cleaning recharger outside the range of the recommended usage temperature.||Use within the recommended temperature range of 15 – 35 °C (59 – 95 °F).|
After performing the above operation, press the SELECT button and select a mode.
The blade has not been thoroughly washed.
- If the shaver is not cleaned for more than 2 weeks, first clean to remove beard trimmings.
- Do not add detergent and water except when replacing the cleaning liquid. Doing so may deteriorate the cleaning function.
- After cleaning, oil-like droplets may remain on the outside of the foil frame. This is the lubricating component of the cleaning liquid and does not indicate a problem. You may wipe it off with a soft cloth.